October 16, 2005

Pune - Hyderabad in 10 hours on my Bike !

People who know me know me as a crazy freak who can do just about anything - just cause someone told him he cant ! I have this strange belief that i can do somethign best when i am pinned up against it ! (what ever that means ..... )

I am a biker by blood. I am a speed freak and dream of owning a R1 one day. Yamaha has always been somethign i wanted to own but The pulsar somehow caught my attention and i love it between my legs !
Buying a Pulsar was an exercise in itself cause no bank would lend me a loan and i had to bribe someone to get me a loan (please let this not reach HDFC !)
180 cc of Displacement coupled with 16.5 hp of power at 8000 rpm and 15.22 Nm torque at 6000 rpm can help this thing reach 130 Kmph ( i have done it only once though)

I came back from office around 12 and was very restless. I tried to find recluse in a Bottle of Vodka but found it empty (my room mate was generaous enuff to leave the bottle behind !) i picked up my guitar and as i am strumming my strings - somethign told me that Pune to Hyd was possible in one day.

Now we are talking about 600 Kms of riding in the March Sun. It was somehow possible in my head. i quickly threw some undies and shirts in a bag - put on my bermudas and keys of the bike. Tied the backpack to the pillion seat - went to the 24 X 7 gas station and got a tank full. The bike takes 18 Litres of fuel ! now i am ready to RIDE.....

It was about 5:30 am when i reached Hadapsar (pune outskirts). I knew the roads were good and i could easily clock 100 Kmph consistenly. But the bike was new and i was unsure of Bajaj people doign their job on the engine good enuff. I was somehow not too sure...


10 hours later, at around 3:30, i was at the BHEL crossing with another 40 kms to clock. My head was swinging and my legs felt like rubber, but it was sure a thrill to have made it.

Its all in your head ma' babies, its all in your head !

0 comments: