October 14, 2005

The final party ....


June 10
Engineers ban gaye !
(at least till the results are out)

The last day of Engineering - the day i was sooooooo lookign forward to ! the day i can proudly look at myself in the mirror and say - I DID IT (just like NIKE told me to !)
There is this AWESOME place in Pune called T-OAKS, its actually THOUSAND OAKS and its like this MIT (My Engineering college) hangout place.

Rohan Ambli - lovingly called 'sirf ambli' was kind enuf to let me stay over at his house for like a MONTH! cause i was homeless. So as fate would have it - i was at his place on the last day of our exam.
V decide to hit T-OAKS. The place is rocking! Before i know it the whole place is like FILLED with MIT junta. One thing i must harp on - MIT leaves a proud tradition of bringing up total party people !
So we are all there - like 40 of us ! Junta is all crying and all - i mean after all ENGINEERING is over. I didnt share the pain - but i was crying out of joy !

So we start with a polite beer. Things start to get a little fizzy. The 'Bartender's pitcher' there is a must try. By the 4th beer things were again beautiful !
Life was never prettier and i was assured of immunity by God himself (or so i thought)
Now all i can recollect is that i was smashed to the core. Bell - the bassist of the metal band AGNI happened to be sitting around.

So while i am engaged in some stupid converstaion with him, somethign in my stomach rumbled ! I knew it wasnt good. I felt someone pulling me and dragging me to the loo. I saw the white loo and jsut smiled - and instantly a bucket full of puke came rubling out ! But let me assure you i didnt spill any on the floor. I looked back and there was Dhingra (another MITian). Dhingra is like telling me to get outa the way - i know its not the right time to stop and ask WHY ! Dhingra lets go of another bucket full of undigested dinner.

Well soon we had the class throwing up all over the loo. I am sure the T-OAKS loo underwent a rather harrowing experience that day !

so i step out into the open air and spot ambli. I slur some words out and ask for the car keys.
Now i vaguely remember the nite after this. All i remember is that i fell asleep in the car and when i woke up in the morning i had this MONSTER sleepign next to me ... 6'4'' 150 kgs SAAAAND of a guy - the name is SURAJ SHETTY - university Squash champion. This guy is snoring and for a second i checked if i had my clothes on !! (u never know !)

things cam back to normal and when Ambli got up (we all crashed at shetty's flat) - i was told the most remarkable stories of how i almost got beaten up. I didnt recollect a THING - but anyways.

It seems i was snatching ciggarrets from people and smoking them. I drank from every glass in the house. Tried stealing a lady's purse - not to mention swore at the DJ a zillion times cause he wasnt playing 'My Kinda Music'. As i was stumbling all over the pub, i was dropping people's drinks and steeping on toes and shoes all along. One of the guys there suggested 'throw him out' - but i was SAM - there were people to take care of me. it was a close call....

Have u wondered how many parties end up good only when people are drunk !

cheers,
Sam

0 comments: