September 04, 2007

We need to grow up

To come to office everyday, I need to travel a specific corridor through a colony. I wont take names here.

Today morning i found the route blocked. The gate was closed and no one would allow me to pass by.

After about 40 mins of arguing where all of us presented our opinion and views as loudly as possible, I saw no point in pursuing the discussion since I thought my time was more valuable than theirs.

To cut a long story short, Only the people who have bought real estate from the builders who own that corridor are allowed to travel. Rest all have been banned to move within this corridor.

When asked why so - they said 'what if someone steals something'. I don't know if they keep India's nuclear policy papers or if Rani of Indore herself resides there. But at the end of the day, the inconvenience caused to such a large set of people is not something that concerns them.

We are in a country that prides in our unity in diversity. But i think we are still far from a day when we will all stand up together to share each other's problems and feel proud about the same.

0 comments: