November 18, 2005

Male Alimony

It seems from now on a MAN who cannot support himself it entitled for Alimony from his Wife..... WOW !
The thing that hits 'below the belt' is that can a Man's ego allow that. Sure - the Society allows it, the Judiciary allows it (in fact recommends it), but can a MAN be a MAN and let his ego come in between.
 
Traditionally the man has always been the bread earner. No matter how smart or how much muscle a man has - very few are comfortable knowing their female counterparts are better than them. Some (read me) work to ensure they remain on top and others simply dont get involved with a competitor. Women too in fact look for a man who is better in a good bunch of things. This has nothing to do with a woman's ego. Its just that she sees her kids protected and a future with a man who is better than her in lots of things. One of which is MONEY.
 
Bottom line - if you are a man reading this - ask yourself - Would you be happy knowing your wife brings in more than you do ? Would you accept an Alimony if your divorced wife offers you one. I am fairly certain - your testosterone will scream out and ask for death before such ludicrous proposal.
 

4 comments:

Sam said...

U aint a guy - thats y u cant think like one ....
and besides whats this about 'if' u were a guy - how many times do i have to tell u that you are cool dude with long hair !

Sam

khelnayak said...

Does supporting ur husband/loved one in need got anything to do with ego? I dont know. Am not sure in divorced cases. But lets take an example of the time when narayan murty was sitting at home thinking about his infosys company and working towards it. If i am not wrong, i think his wife was working and supporting him. I dont think NRN would have had any problem with that.

I, for one, wont have any problem asking money frm my GF/wife in times of need. :) Of course, I am not saying that I am asking since I am entitled to but coz i know she would understand me more as a friend than anything else

neha vish said...

Ugh! I hope you advertise your chauvnism well before you land a life partner!

Sam said...

Spoken like a true Scorpion – it must sting!

I don’t carry a chauvinist in me – lest you assume so. With regards to ‘advertising’ my chauvinism – please avoid judging people by just 12 lines of English text in blue!

Best,
Sam